Marketing Coordinator – Full-time Internship
Latitude 46 Publishing is seeking a highly motivated and creative intern with a passion for books to join our team on a temporary contract. The intern will develop and implement a marketing strategy to increase sales in the United States market.
This full-time internship position is partially funded by FedNor’s Regional Economic Growth through Innovation (REGI) and the Ontario Book Publishers Organization.
Unemployed or underemployed youth (under the age of 30) who have graduated with a degree or diploma from a post-secondary institution within the last three years, are legally entitled to work in Canada, and have not been previously employed under a FedNor Youth Internship funding agreement, or other federal or provincial internship with pay for a period of six (6) months or more.
Diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. These include but are not limited to: ancestry, culture, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, language, physical and intellectual ability, race, religion (creed), sex, sexual orientation, and socio-economic status.
- Perform online research to explore landscape of US book market including potential partnerships with publishers and distributors;
- Perform online research to create and maintain media lists for the US market;
- Organizing and executing media and reviewer mailings;
- Creating and writing press materials;
- Preparing presentations for external meetings and virtual book fairs;
- Create sales collateral to support sell-in, as well as consumer-facing promotional materials (sales sheets, bookmarks, digital assets);
- communicating with internal and external stakeholders, including editors, authors and agents;
- Collect and manage metadata updates on a regular basis.
- Must have graduated within the last three (3) years with a degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- Must not have previously participated as a youth intern in any of FedNor’s Programs or in any other federal or provincial internship program with pay for a period of six (6) months or more;
- Must be under the age of 30;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Suite (InDesign) and Canva
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize across multiple projects
- Strong awareness of social media platforms and digital marketing trend
- Strong time management, organizational and planning skills
- High degree of written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional internal and external relationship management capabilities
- Experience working in book trade publishing an asset
Application Deadline: January 15, 2022 at 5:00 PM EST
Cover letter and resume submission to: email@example.com
We would like thank applicants for their interest; however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.